Hearing Services Program (HSP)
Australian Government Hearing Services Program
Hearing loss can have a significant impact on independence, participation in community life and the ability to communicate with others. The Australian Government Hearing Services Program (the program) aims to reduce the impact of hearing loss by providing eligible people with access to hearing services.
Hearing services may include
- a comprehensive hearing assessment performed by a qualified hearing services provider
- access to a wide range of quality fully subsidised hearing devices, made by leading manufacturers
- if you are fitted with a hearing device, you will receive advice on how to achieve maximum benefit from your device
- further support and hearing services, which can be accessed even if fitting a hearing device is not suitable
- access to an optional annual maintenance agreement where, for a small fee, you can receive repairs and batteries to support your hearing device.
To find out if you're eligible to be covered by the HSP click here